“Q&A was founded to challenge the strategic consultancy the market has become accustomed to. In order to achieve this, do not expect the same narrow remit, rigid processes or exhausted concepts as you may associate with other firms.
We strive to offer unbiased, unique and brave yet practical solutions that will put our clients ahead of their competition. Future-proofing their business and ours.
This role is suited to high-achieving early-career consultants who have a good grasp of financial and economic concepts. Those who are humbly ambitious, willing and eager to get hands-on and client-facing. This is a big fish in a small pond opportunity.
Help us create the insights and business solutions that will shape the way the world does business.”
Benjamin Quinlan, Quinlan & Associates CEO
Who is Q&A?
Quinlan & Associates is one of the most cited financial services consulting firms in the world. We have become synonymous with doing things differently. This reputation has led us to expand our expertise into new industries. Our results have led our clients to return time and again; from global leaders such as Google, Goldman Sachs and L’Oreal, to market disrupters such as OSL, Sequoia and Livi Bank.
Be prepared. We are not your typical strategy consulting firm. We challenge the traditional consulting model that delivers conservative, universally-acceptable solutions built on hypothesis.
Our mission is to attract, develop and retain Q&A consultants that take a bold position and make brave calls. Consultants who can translate this cutting-edge advice into commercially executable solutions. Consultants who enable us to be the first firm to offer end-to-end strategy consulting services, and the first to market with unparalleled insights.
Just as our advice puts our clients ahead of their competition, the way we think keeps us an essential step ahead of ours.
Market conditions have been challenging. There was little precedence for what to expect of the future. Businesses had to rapidly diversify and adjust to maintain their bottom line. Some flourished in the uncertainty. Some struggled. Relying on hypothesis is never the basis for revolutionary solutions. It is even more irrelevant in a post-Covid market.
As a Q&A consultant, your role is to help our clients break free of conservative and familiar strategic solutions. By offering a fresh, intuitive and data-backed perspective, and delivering world-class operational excellence, you will have a direct impact on our project pipeline. Both new and repeat clients.
Through our clients’ success, we will create our own success.
As a boutique consulting firm, a Q&A consultant’s role is broad. You will not only generate market insights and deliver on project mandates. You will also play a front-of-house role in working directly with clients and senior partners. This exposure is crucial to your depth of understanding for the projects you work on, and the market you work in. A vital element of your development that is not often offered in a traditional consulting structure.
A key objective at Q&A is to not only attract, but also retain the best strategy consultants in the world. To deliver on our strategic intent, we offer our consultants superior development opportunities for both their professional and personal ambitions. Whether you join Q&A as a graduate or a seasoned consultant, we will provide you with a clear career path and development opportunities to become a Principle or Partner.
To support your growth in Q&A, we offer comprehensive on-the-job training, mentorship by senior finance and strategy professionals, and unmatched exposure to clients, business partners and senior leaders across a diverse range of industries and markets. And, to meet your personal needs, we foster a unique, inclusive company culture; one we are proud to be a part of. A culture created by every member of our team, built around a collaborative, innovative, and fun working environment.
Competencies for Success:
Marketing & Market Research
Before You Apply:
We are a team of the world’s best strategic consultants. No matter the level of experience, each and every Q&A consultant is a high-performing, high-potential talent. Typically, this includes:
- One to three years of management consulting experience in a Big 4, MBB or Boutique firm, having focused on delivering large-scale and complex projects
- Proven strategy project execution capabilities in the financial services industry
- Experience in one or more the following projects: corporate strategy development, new market entry, M&A strategy, strategic / commercial due diligence, organisational data strategy, new product development, digital transformation, process re-engineering, operating model development, regulatory strategy
- Experience working with clients in one or more of the following industries: investment banking, retail / commercial / corporate banking, asset management, market infrastructure, brokerages, insurance companies, payments / wallets, remittances, virtual / digital banking, online lending, crypto / digital assets, e-commerce, InsurTech, RegTech, WealthTech
- A sound understanding of financial and economic concepts
- An outstanding academic track record from a top-tier university (i.e. 2:1 / upper second class honours or higher as a minimum)
- Strong problem-solving and lateral thinking skills
- Robust quantitative skills and the ability to work with large volumes of data
- A proactive attitude with the capacity to work independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Native fluency in English (both written and verbal)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (especially MS Excel and PowerPoint)
- A hunger to learn with a strong ownership mindset
- A good sense of humour
- The ability to work in Hong Kong
Note: proficiency in Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese) is preferred but not required.
Ready to Apply?
Do we sound like a good match to your career aspirations? To apply, please share some information with us to help us get to know you better:
Be prepared with the following information:
Please note, as we personally review each application carefully, it may take us some time to respond. We will update you as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.